Well, it's another birthday for me. I won't get into ages here, but I am going to remain 25 for the next few years, if anyone asks. 25 is a good solid age, you are considered an adult, but still considered young at the same time. Anything older than that is pushing 30 and that frightens me a bit. So 25 it is !
I have finally started logging my calories again. I have good intentions of sticking to my calorie goals even over the next 2 days with the birthday celebrations. I've asked Mom not to make me a cake because I fear I might eat it all. She makes the BEST cake in the universe, and if you disagree, you haven't tried it yet.
A friend of mine just had her first baby today...just a few hours before my birthday. Interesting...the baby has no name yet but its a girl.
Two friends of mine are getting married on May 18th.
Three of my friends are pregnant with baby number three.
And I'm sitting here blogging. As you can see, there is still nothing major going on in my life, but I have my family, my health and my career and I have faith in God, who has provided me with these things.
I never experienced a teenage pregnancy, a physically abusive relationship, or a major health crisis. I live in a first world country and in an age of many technological advances. There are so many opportunities for women like me to become educated, fulfilled and even rich!
Perhaps there is a rich millionaire bachelor in my future. One never knows... a girl can dream right?
I'm not that shallow. I have never prayed for a wealthy husband or for great riches for myself. I have only prayed that God would supply all my needs. So far he has supplied all of them but one. And I think that last need is on its way to being met. It's just not HIS time.
No comments:
Post a Comment