Wednesday, January 30, 2013

God's Gift to Women

Greetings to all who read this post. I'm sure the number of readers is unsubstantial in the grand scheme of things, but I thank you for your time nonetheless. :) 

I've been avoiding any discussion of weight loss because I have been ashamed of myself lately, and there has been so much more going on in my life. I am back on track with healthy eating and exercise, but I have 5 pounds left to lose until I reach my lowest weight since I started my journey. I have good faith that I can lose the 5 pounds in a couple of weeks and continue to become even healthier in the days ahead. 

The title of this post is a strange one, but the thought came to my mind when I was considering the few single Christian men that I know. I believe that many of them are under the impression that they are God's gift to women and that none of the Christian girls are good enough for them. 

I've heard it so many times. "There are just no Christian girls that turn my head." This is because a decent girl is usually covered with clothing, not exposed to turn heads.  

I DESPISE it when guys play the God card when they reject girls, as if by telling us that we aren't part of God's plan for them is somehow going to soften the blow of heartache. 

Listen up! If you are really that concerned with God's will then perhaps you can stop cracking the dirty jokes, the swearing, and give up the pornographic videos. If you can't do that, then at least try being kind once in awhile. Then the whole, "I'm just waiting for God's perfect choice for me," will hold more meaning.  

A girl can tell when a guy is truly seeking God's will. Knowing that he is a man after God's own heart comes from the way he conducts himself on a daily basis, not by how Biblical he can make a breakup or a rejection sound. 

My prayer is that I meet someone some day that actually means what he says; that he is seeking God's will for his life. I do believe God has someone out there for each woman that desires in her heart to be married. Maybe his plans for my life are so wonderful that finding the right guy for me takes more time. All I know is that I will be perfectly content and over-the-moon happy when I finally find the guy I am meant to be with for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


xoxo

Sassy (Summer 2009)

Sassy (Summer 2009)