Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Measurements

Since the last time I blogged, I managed to reach my 60 pound weight loss and someone at work commented on how good I looked. I don't like to talk about losing weight at work because I don't really see the change in myself the way everyone else does and I feel insecure about it. You know that dreaded response when someone asks how much weight you've lost, you tell them and they reply with "You did?" and stare at you in disbelief. Well, I try to avoid that as much as possible. But when someone asks me I feel obligated to give an honest response. 


This week I lost 2 pounds making the total 62 of course. I was disappointed because I was hoping and praying to hit 65 this week. I guess God answered me by saying "Wait,"... because I worked as hard as I could and definitely gave it my all. There are just some weeks that the scale doesn't reflect everything. Just a number, just a number...


After having a really sad day, someone suggested getting my measurements. I insisted that no, I wanted to wait until I lost another 20 pounds or so before I did that. But this person convinced me and I was curious. Once all was said and done, I had lost roughly 30 inches in total since the last time I had taken measurements. I was more than thrilled. It's non scale victories like that that make all the hard work, prayers and tears worthwhile.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment


xoxo

Sassy (Summer 2009)

Sassy (Summer 2009)